Some LDS Believe Book of Mormon To Be Fiction
Some LDS believe and advocate that The Book of Mormon is a work of fiction.
What if the Book of Mormon was a work of fiction as opposed to historical reality?
Would it be a big deal to LDS who accept The Book of Mormon to be historical reality?
IFF (if and only if) God had anything to do with the coming forth of the Book of Mormon, then yes, it’s a big deal if "the BoM isn’t true?, …would it really matter?"
In fact, a very big deal indeed.
Because God’s Godhood is at stake.
God’s Godhood is dependent upon the Book of Mormon being a true and accurate historical record, for God has endorsed it as such, i.e., a true and accurate and real historical record.
If it isn’t true, then God would be a liar; thus in effect, God would cease to be God.
What God has said regarding the Book of Mormon:
- It was a miracle, and without God’s mercy and power it would not have been possible
- It contains commandments of God
- By it lay the power to establish God’s kingdom on earth
- By it proves the LDS Church to be the only true and living church that pleases the Lord
- God claims it "contains the truth and word of God"
- God claims it the key to converting all people to believe His gospel
- God claims it proves the Messiah has already come, an important message to the Jews, his covenant people
- God claims it to be nonfiction and a trustworthy account of a fallen people
- God claims it contains the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ
- God claims He is responsible for the inspiration behind the Book of Mormon from inception to print
- God claims he sent for angels from heaven to declare from on high it’s validity and gave His word that it is true and correct, a historically accurate record
- God claims it proves that the Bible is true
- God claims it proves Joseph Smith et al are His true prophets
- God claims it proves He is an unchangeable being, the same yesterday, today and forever. This is significant for God is saying here that it proves His Godhood, i.e., by it God as God stands or falls
- By it the world will be judged
- Believers in it will be crowned with eternal life
- Disbelievers will be condemned and denied eternal life
- By it we know there is a God in heaven
- By it all things related to God, e.g., creation, salvation, gospel, ordinances, Jesus Christ, are true and factual and proven
- By it God promises that believers will "I will drink of the fruit of the vine with you on the earth"
- God will "I will drink of the fruit of the vine with you on the earth" with Moroni, proving him to be a real person who lived and whose record is true
- God sent Moroni to reveal the Book of Mormon, which means the Book of Mormon come from God’s presence
- God calls it "the record of the stick of Ephraim", thus providing the key to interpretation of Isaiah 29.
- God claims the Book of Mormon was "given by [him]"
- God claims the "and the power of my Spirit quickeneth all things", thus the Spirit has born record of it’s truthfulness, and all shall be held accountable for their belief or disbelief in the record
- God command the Elders to "which are in the Bible and the Book of Mormon, in the which is the fulness of the gospel."
- By it the church and individuals "under this condemnation until they repent and remember the new covenant, even the Book of Mormon and the former commandments which I have given them, not only to say, but to do according to that which I have written?…remaineth a scourge and judgment to be poured out upon the children of Zion."
- Church members who reject it for what God claims it to be are called by God told they "pollute my holy land?", and God will not tolerate that
- God used the belief in the Book of Mormon as a qualifier to "pay stock" at Nauvoo, symbolic of the requirement LDS have to be called to the work of building up the kingdom of God: "And again, verily I say unto you, let no man pay stock to the quorum of the Nauvoo House unless he shall be a believer in the Book of Mormon, and the revelations I have given unto you, saith the Lord your God;"
- God said that to try and turn the Book of Mormon into something other than what God said it was evil and cursings would follow instead of blessings: For that which is more or less than this cometh of evil, and shall be attended with cursings and not blessings, saith the Lord your God. Even so. Amen.
29 And after having received the record of the Nephites, yea, even my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., might have power to translate through the mercy of God, by the power of God, the Book of Mormon.
30 And also those to whom these commandments were given, might have power to lay the foundation of this church, and to bring it forth out of obscurity and out of darkness, the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth, with which I, the Lord, am well pleased, speaking unto the church collectively and not individually?
26 And again, I command thee that thou shalt not covet thine own property, but impart it freely to the printing of the Book of Mormon, which contains the truth and the word of God?
27 Which is my word to the Gentile, that soon it may go to the Jew, of whom the Lamanites are a remnant, that they may believe the gospel, and look not for a Messiah to come who has already come.
7 And gave unto him commandments which inspired him;
8 And gave him power from on high, by the means which were before prepared, to translate the Book of Mormon;
9 Which contains a record of a fallen people, and the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles and to the Jews also;
10 Which was given by inspiration, and is confirmed to others by the ministering of angels, and is declared unto the world by them?
11 Proving to the world that the holy scriptures are true, and that God does inspire men and call them to his holy work in this age and generation, as well as in generations of old;
12 Thereby showing that he is the same God yesterday, today, and forever. Amen.
13 Therefore, having so great witnesses, by them shall the world be judged, even as many as shall hereafter come to a knowledge of this work.
14 And those who receive it in faith, and work righteousness, shall receive a crown of eternal life;
15 But those who harden their hearts in unbelief, and reject it, it shall turn to their own condemnation?
16 For the Lord God has spoken it; and we, the elders of the church, have heard and bear witness to the words of the glorious Majesty on high, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.
17 By these things we know that there is a God in heaven, who is infinite and eternal, from everlasting to everlasting the same unchangeable God, the framer of heaven and earth, and all things which are in them;
18 And that he created man, male and female, after his own image and in his own likeness, created he them;
19 And gave unto them commandments that they should love and serve him, the only living and true God, and that he should be the only being whom they should worship.
20 But by the transgression of these holy laws man became sensual and devilish, and became fallen man.
21 Wherefore, the Almighty God gave his Only Begotten Son, as it is written in those scriptures which have been given of him.
5 Behold, this is wisdom in me; wherefore, marvel not, for the hour cometh that I will drink of the fruit of the vine with you on the earth, and with Moroni, whom I have sent unto you to reveal the Book of Mormon, containing the fulness of my everlasting gospel, to whom I have committed the keys of the record of the stick of Ephraim;
16 And the Book of Mormon and the holy scriptures are given of me for your instruction; and the power of my Spirit quickeneth all things.
12 And again, the elders, priests and teachers of this church shall teach the principles of my gospel, which are in the Bible and the Book of Mormon, in the which is the fulness of the gospel.
57 And they shall remain under this condemnation until they repent and remember the new covenant, even the Book of Mormon and the former commandments which I have given them, not only to say, but to do according to that which I have written?
58 That they may bring forth fruit meet for their Father’s kingdom; otherwise there remaineth a scourge and judgment to be poured out upon the children of Zion.
59 For shall the children of the kingdom pollute my holy land? Verily, I say unto you, Nay.
60 Verily, verily, I say unto you who now hear my words, which are my voice, blessed are ye inasmuch as you receive these things
119 And again, verily I say unto you, let no man pay stock to the quorum of the Nauvoo House unless he shall be a believer in the Book of Mormon, and the revelations I have given unto you, saith the Lord your God;
120 For that which is more or less than this cometh of evil, and shall be attended with cursings and not blessings, saith the Lord your God. Even so. Amen.
Powered by Qumana