Holy Ghost Given Commandments: Acts 1:2
Acts 1:2. Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:
LDS believe that the Holy Ghost(?s):
- is Christ’s minister
- speaks and acts in the place and stead of the Son
- mission is to testify of Jesus
- reveals the mind and will of the Lord
- to say what Christ would say if personally present
- So complete, whole, and total is this commission and power that the Holy Ghost speaks in the first person as though he were Christ: Moses 5:10: And in that day Adam blessed God and was filled, and began to prophesy concerning all the families of the earth, saying: Blessed be the name of God, for because of my transgression my eyes are opened, and in this life I shall have joy, and again in the flesh I shall see God.
- In most instances when God’s prophets and apostles say: "Thus saith Christ the Lord," they are announcing Christ’s words as revealed to them by the power of the Holy Ghost.
- The Holy Ghost gives commandments today like he did in biblical times.
What do you believe?
- Does the Holy Ghost give commandments today? If so, to whom are they given and how would you know it?s true and from God. If not, why?
- Do you believe the Holy Ghost can give you a personal commandment today?
- Can/does the Holy Ghost give new commandments today?
- What parts of the LDS position above do you agree with? What parts do you disagree with?
Powered by Qumana