Islam produces defective thinking
I’ve read several books on Islam lately and have come to the conclusion that somehow Islam itself produces defective thinking.
I’m glad I found this article by Dr. Babu Suseelan, a Professor of Clinical Psychology in Pennsylvaniam because it articulates scientifically my findings and augments my conclusions.
Per Dr. Suseelan, typical Islamic thinking errors include:
- Polarized or all-or-nothing-thinking (e.g.: believers and non-believers, daru-ul-Islam, dar-ul-harb)
- Catastrophic Thinking (all infidels will go to hell)
- Discounting the positive, accentuate the negative (all kafirs are trying to get Muslims)
- Emotional reasoning (emotional justification for bombing, beheading, terrorism)
- Labeling (putting a global label on non-believers as kafirs)
- Minimization (blame the victim, denial, alibi)
- Mind Reading (Muslims know what non-Muslims are thinking)
- Mental Filter (Failure to see things holistically)
- Overgeneralization (making sweeping negative conclusions: Jews are pigs, Christians are rats)
- Personalization (Muslims believe Kafirs are behaving negatively because of Islam)
- Tunnel Vision (seeing things only in the Islamic way)
Jihadi terrorism is as old as Islam. Jihad war, death and destruction have followed in the wake of Islam for hundreds of years. Ancient Egypt, Greece, Spain, Persia, India and several societies have experienced the deadly Islamic conquest. Now Jihadi terrorism has propelled to dangerous proportions and is a major threat to public health and world peace. Jihadi terrorists are said to have the unique ability to perpetuate their deadly terrorism wreaking havoc in every city in the world. It’s destructive impact on the economy, public health and public safety is widespread, and on the increase.